Sunday 8 January 2017

New Year's Resolution Ironman

So the new year arrives and I decided this was the year that I would finally cross off one of my bucket list, I have often thought about taking part in an Ironman my first thought was Barcelona but when I checked it was fully booked.  I am reading Be Iron Fit by Don Fink and he states that the only way is to commit yourself so I checked the other events to find an event in Bolton, one in Tenby but uk weather does not appeal then I found it the event was ideal Ironman Italy:- http://m.eu.ironman.com/triathlon/news/articles/2016/10/ironman-announces-new-race-in-italy.aspx .

So now is the time to start my training and also I have to fit in the 4 Spin Classes I take in local gyms in Bristol and Thornbury.  I was inspired in 2016 having not trained as well as I hoped I completed Ride London (100 miles) in 4 hrs 40 mins (4.40) an average speed of 21.25 mph so if there is a time this has to be it before I get too old to do it (although I hope that age never gets reached).  My last marathon was in 2000 when I did a 3.30 and five years before did a 3.10, not expecting to run times like that and I was worried about leg injuries as I have been constantly pulling my calf recently.  This will be my story of training to compete in one of the toughest events you can compete in and I will need to try to stay within my training zones, something I always struggle with.

Week 1 training  (9 Jan 16):-
Monday.
Early morning swim 0.30 still not sure about my technique will be glad when I get to talk to someone at Kingswood Triathalon Club can give me some drills to work on to improve my swim.  Got to admit enjoyed the early morning swim.  Evening two Spin sessions at Thornbury Gym 0.45 Velodrome and 0.30 HIIT 60 sec repeats.



23 comments:

  1. share info Obat Sakit di Bagian Telapak Kaki thanks you for
    sharing info permission

    ReplyDelete
  2. Numpang share this info
    Obat Abses Kulit and Obat Tulang Keropos oi Obat Sesak Nafas slank Obat Benjolan di Payudara reggae Obat Cacar Air thanks for permission and I hope this can be usefull for every one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Numpang share this info Obat Stroke and Obat Benjolan di Belakang Telinga then Obat Migrain Alami and thanks for permission and I hope this can be usefull for every one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your blog very muchDigital MarketingBy the next afternoon I'm kissing on the bit to bring it back. This is a great blogspot theme, where you can find the best themes and latest designs. very nice. But you know that this is the right time to start your business with Google Media Website Development

    ReplyDelete
  5. Play Bazaar very better think in thi awesome article is thi i really love it i've read all yor blogs too much fun visit our site to know tha result Satta King

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you Play Bazaar cannot find a coffee brew that you like, try combining two complementary flavors. You can often find ready made blends at specialty shops and purchase a sample to try before Satta King you buy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are implementing email marketing in your affiliate marketing strategy it would be wise to save your best emails. You will find that people will often unsubscribe and the need to find new customers is never ending. Re-sending old emails that were effective previously is a great way to get new customers. Satta King Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  8. i lie your blog ver much. highly appreciated. thnax for sharing this, also visit my blogspot. ganga music

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finden Sie ein paar einfache Go-to-Lebensmittel, die Sie genießen, aber passen gut in Ihre Ernährung, um jederzeit zur Hand zu halten. play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete
  10. Add a link to your Facebook page or a 'like' button with a Facebook feed on your blog or website. You can easily find HTML codes for these in the settings of your Facebook profile. Ganga Cassetes Find The Best Secrets To Achieving Amazing Social Media Marketing Success Here Ganga Music This will allow your visitors to 'like' your page and subscribe to your posts without having to look you up on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Viral marketing works extremely well to build up a solid customer base, but you need to do this correctly. Putting together a loosely informative, short eBook and giving it away to your customers comes across as insulting. Satta King Great Tips For Boosting Your Internet Marketing Success Play Bazaar Take your time to put together a thorough, quality product if you really want to impress your customers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Before you put someone on your email marketing list, you need to have their permission. If you don't have their permission, satta king
    you will be responsible for sending spam and there will be many complaints. Your email provider may even dissolve your account if they get wind of what you're doing. Prevent that from happening by requesting that people subscribe to your list.
    satta king

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can see that making money online is very possible. You just need good information to point you in the right way. Just remember that you will need to put in time and effort on it. Nothing will be handed to you on a silver platter. However, if you put in the effort, you will reap your rewards.satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  14. i liked your blog so much it is good i want to share some knowlwledge with you i hope you can visit and comment on my website Upcoming Government Exams Upcoming Government Job list of competitive exams for government jobs upcoming competitive exams

    ReplyDelete